As I became interested in learning more music theory and exploring more music in general, I stumbled on a video by a youtuber with the handle "Tantacrul." The video was about the life and works of the russian composer Dimitri Shostakovich.
The video discusses how "Shosty" (as tantacrul playfully refers to him) was able to weave double meaning into his music during a time when the arts were oppressed and put under intense scrutiny during Joseph Stalin's regime.
As I later explored shosty's works, I really have come to appreciate the ways shosty was able to put modern aspects (or at least, non traditional aspects and tonalities) into his music during a time when the russian overlords wanted artists to return to romanticism and traditional styles. Not to mention shosty walked this tightrope when going to far would mean an end to his life and eradication of his work.
Anyways, here's the loink to the video: How to Compose Music Despite [ R E D A C T E D ]